Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Farewell To The Great

I was saddened (and still am) when I found out that Gabe The Great of The BKc SF is heading back to Brooklyn. The Brooklyn Circus was a big influence on why I wanted to start my own clothing brand and Gabe was never short supportive and inspirational when I would visit the shop. The success of the BKc is something that we at Rude Etiquette are aspiring for; not just their three locations and ability to sell out of their product (haha).But, their positive attitude and the way they inspire and influence people. I can honestly say that San Francisco/the Bay Area was a lot less fashionable than it could be before the BKc and that includes myself. It's hard to admit, but the people in New York just have a more unique taste than the standard skinny jeans, Vans and Stussy shirt that people seem to wear here in SF. The BKc dares you to get out of your comfort zone and be yourself, and therefore, different.

So here's to Gabe! Thank you for all you have done and accomplished here in SF! Good luck to your further endeavors in Brooklyn and I hope you come and visit the BKc SF soon!

-D_Rude
Get Gooder

PS: Check the BKc blog (link in the ACRL section) to read Gabe's "farewell" letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment