Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Infinity Funk Project


The Infinity Funk Project is a four piece hip-hop from right here in our backyard. In fact, two of the members are semi-childhood friends. I say "semi-childhood" because I met one of them in middle school and the other in high school. I met Sol Solution, or Calvin Wong in the 8th grade; he was the new kid and our group kind of adopted him before he got too cool for us : /...haha...naw, just kidding! And I met Mild Mannered J or Justin Mak during my Junior(?) year of high school. Both these guys always had a passion for music. They're musical interests, and mine for that matter, were very different when we were younger. So, it's pretty cool to see they found their musical niche and they're excelling at it.

Each member of IFP brings a different style to the table, but collectively they bring back that Golden Era hip-hop feel and find a connect with today's modern state of hip-hop. But, don't take my word for it...check out the little documentary on them below and be sure to hear for yourself!

So here's to IFP and their future successes!

Keep up with the IFP chaps at www.infinityfunkproject.com and be sure to download all three of their mixtapes for FREE

IFP: The Infinity Funk Project from One Time on Vimeo.



-D_Rude
Get Gooder

PS: I almost got recruited to play guitar for IFP when they were trying to form a live backing band. I respectfully declined. I guess I knew I had other plans : )...good luck to Calvin and Justin and all of IFP. Hit me up if you want some gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment